Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Surgery Day

Dropped him off at 8.30 this morning...and it sucked. Had to sit in the doctor's waiting room and have a little cry before I went off to work.

Still not sure how I got through the workday - exhausted and worried - but I don't think I made a colossal hose-up of anything. Tonight I'll go to bed early and sleep in my actual bed. Might be the last time for a while. Depends on how he does at night post-op.

(In happy personal news, I got my work laptop today - complete with VPN - just in time for me to be working from home for the next few days. Have I mentioned my boss is awesome about this shit? She is. Not even a blink about me working from home for a while so I can be home with him.)

It's so hard being in this house without him. I ate dinner without him sniffing at the wrapping and drooling onto the couch. There was no jingle from his collar or woofing for his dinner when I came home. No happy thump of his tail when Zach came home from practice.

Tomorrow morning we pick the baby up and start the process of recovery and rehab. Not looking forward to it but...one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment