Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 6 - Bandage Off...yay?

Today was the Big Day. The bandage from hell was finally coming off for good.
Shaved leg. Poor baby.

Gone were the horrible moments of watching him try to maneuver the leg around and under him as he tried to turn around. Gone was the little plastic bootie from hell and the awkward walking he did while wearing it because he couldn't feel the ground with that pad of his foot.

Take this ridiculous thing off!
Of course, it's never easy. Getting the bandage off also meant that gone was the covering to his staples...and that means Cone o'Doom. And because we work...that means cone of doom in a crate. Always a joy. Watching him try to move around in there with the cone of shame on is just heartbreaking, but he manages it. Thankfully, he doesn't have to be in there all the time. Just sleeping and when we're at work. And I think...just until the stitches come out.

Still stressing about leaving town on Thursday, but trying not to let it to eat me alive with worries  - my favorite game being Worst Case Scenario.

I think what I need to do most, though, is sleep. I don't think I've had more than four hours sleep since this happened and it's starting to show. I've got shadows under my eyes and I've lost five pounds. Okay, it's not like I couldn't stand to lose the weight, but this isn't the way I wanted to do it.

A woman and I were talking in the waiting room at the vet's this morning and she agrees with me that this is a lot like having a newborn baby in the house....on the uncertainty level anyway. Even in my most desperate mom-of-newborn moments did I think sedating the baby and locking him in a crate when I left was a workable option. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment